2019-2020 BUFA Vice President – Nominations
BUFA is holding a By-Election for the remainder of the 2019-2020 term of office of the BUFA Vice President. The BUFA Executive Committee invites members to nominate colleagues or to volunteer.
Excerpt from the By-laws and release time stipend pertaining to the BUFA Vice President are described below:
2.5 Executive Committee Job Description
- Fulfills the duties of the President in his/her absence
- Recommends appointments to the Executive of BUFA members on BUFA, University and Jointly-Appointed Committees
- Serves as an ex officio member on the Grievance Panel
- Serves on Association Committees and/or as a representative of the Association on University-wide committees as required
- Performs such other duties as may be required by the Association and/or Executive Committee
The course release is normally 1.0 for the year. The course release will be pro-rated for the remainder of the term. Members can arrange with their Dean or the University Librarian to take the pro-rated amount as a stipend instead of as a course release.
We have attached the nomination form. If you have any questions about the BUFA Vice President position please contact Michelle Webber, BUFA President, or the BUFA Office.
Nominations must be received by noon on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
The election will be open Tuesday, February 4th and close Wednesday, February 5th.
Michelle Webber, Ph.D.
President, Brock University Faculty Association
Professor, Department of Sociology